Brent Chesney's Sandcastle 5K
Join us on 05/29/2021(race date estimated)
Brent Chesney's Sandcastle 5K Race Description
Brent Chesney’s Sandcastle Run is a 5k run and walk to raise awareness for children struggling with Diabetes. All proceeds are donated to the American Diabetes Association’s Camp Sandcastle. Camp Sandcastle gives children with diabetes the opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities and a wonderful summer camp adventure. Every dollar raised from this race stays right here in the Coastal Bend.
Date: May 29, 2021
Location: Padre Balli Park office pavilion (15820 Park Road Corpus Christi, Texas 78418)
Race will Start Promptly at 8:00 AM
Please read important information below
- NO REFUNDS!
- PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL THE DAY OF THE RUN!!
- This race will be conducted with COVID -19 guidelines in place and adhere to City, State and USATF guidelines.
- PLEASE ENSURE TO GET YOUR TEMPERATURE CHECKS AT THE TEMPERATURE CHECK STATIONS the morning of the run! Each participant will receive a paper bracelet that shows they have followed the protocol. If temperature is high, you will not be able to participate.
- Online registration will close on May 29th at 7:45 am. Please come to packet pick up on Friday, May 28th from 5:30-7:30 pm at Padre Balli Park office pavilion (15820 Park Road Corpus Christi, Texas 78418), to register in person. We will also have race day registration at Padre Balli Park office pavilion from 7-7:45am. LATE/DAY OF Registrants: Please bring cash, card or check (made out to 'American Diabetes Association'). Thank you for supporting this worthy cause!
- Sign up for a wave 1,2,3 or 4. 50 participants per wave. Each following wave starts 1 min after the previous wave. Your finish time for awards is based on your chip time.
- Runners/Walkers warming up and waiting for their wave start must practice social distancing measures.
- The MC will announce wave number and bib numbers allowed to enter the starting corral.
- Only the current wave will be allowed in the starting corral. Once one wave of runners leaves the next wave will be allowed to enter the starting corral.
- Runners can run with their own water and multiple tables will be set up with 8 oz water bottles where runners can grab their own water
- Please pay close attention to the wave you are in (this will be located on the back of your race bib)
- Age group awards
Thank you for your understanding and following the guidelines listed above. If you have any questions, please call or email us,
Paul Thurman at 361-888-0268
- Location: Corpus Christi, TX 78418
- Race Date: 2021/05/29 08:00:00 AM (Saturday)
- 5k Run/Walk (15 and older)
- 5K Run/Walk (14 and under)